|Features of Centrifugal Casting :
- Tolerance Limit : On the OD can be 2.5 mm (0.1 in ) on the IS can be 3.8mm(0.15in)
- Different wall thick nesses can be produced from the same size mold
- Mechanical properties of centrifugal castings are excellent
- Only cylindrical shapes can be produced with this process.
- Size limited are up to 3m (10 feet) diameter and 15m(50 feet) length
- Wall thickness range from 2.5mm to 125 mm (0.1-5.0in)
- Surface finish ranges from 2.5 mm to 12.5 mm(0.1 -0.5in)rms
- Eliminated the need for cores.
- Castings can be made is almost any length, thickness and diameter.
- Resistant to atmospheric corrosion, a typical situation with pipes.
|Material Specification :
- Grey Cast Iron
- Chilled Cast Iron
- Spheroidal Cast Iron
|Casting Processes :
- Sand casting
- Gravity casting
- Die casting
- Lost wax casting
- Centrifugal casting
- Diameter: Up to 32 inches or 810 mm
- Length: Up to 72 inches or 1800 mm